As with any industry, there are plenty of rogue movers operating in Toronto, Montreal and other Canadian cities. In order to avoid scams and protect your moving boxes and other items, you must do a little homework. That way, you won’t be putting your valuables at risk or wasting your time. Continue reading
You can find plenty of articles around the Internet giving you tips on what you should pack away in moving boxes. You’ll also find tons of advice on how to pack a moving box for the best results. But it’s just important to make sure that you know what NOT to pack when you’re relocating to or from Toronto.
Below are some of the items that don’t really belong in moving boxes and would be better taken to your new home in some other fashion:
- Anything that’s alive. From turtles to herbs, these living things just don’t warrant storage in a moving box.
- Your very fragile valuables. It’s fine to pack your china plates and glassware in a Blue Bins moving box, but what about that incredibly fragile vase that belonged to some ancient relative and was given to you with the understanding that you’d protect it forever? Such a treasure belongs in your care from the move’s start to finish.
- Anything that’s toxic. Please don’t load up your moving box with toxic items. Even if you have a plastic moving box, the items can spill and get into other boxes. And if you have a cardboard moving box, the box will become soaked with the liquid.
- Medication you will need.Whether it’s over-the-counter remedies or prescription medications, you should always make sure to put them in a bag that’s close by. That way, if and when you need to take your medicine, it will be available.
- Food items (maybe). Okay, the exception is if you have one box that’s well-labeled and will be immediately opened upon arriving at your house, apartment or condo. However, unless you’re packing away food that will store for a while, don’t pack it in a moving box. Choose a cooler or some other means of carrying.
- Anything you really will never use. Let’s face it – we all have done this and it’s a shame. Why move something you are never going to use in the future? Instead, either sell it, donate it or trash it.
Be smart every time you move, and use your moving boxes wisely!
At Blue Bins, we can’t wait to help you with your next move! Whether you’re coming to Toronto or moving to Ottawa, we’re here for you. We’re sure you’ll love our moving box supplies!
Let’s face it: There are some common relocation nightmares that everyone who has changed households has faced sometime in his or her life. These problems cause stress and frustration. So wouldn’t it be great if there were a solution? For Montreal families and individuals on the move, there is: renting plastic Blue Bins moving boxes.
How can plastic make so much of a difference for people on the move? Check out these ways:
- Plastic doesn’t get soggy. Have you ever had the experience of trying to move cardboard boxes when it’s raining, sleeting or snowing? Then you know how exasperating it is when they start to fall apart mid-move! A better answer are boxes made from recycled plastic. They can keep getting wet and never be worse for the wear!
- Plastic doesn’t attract bugs. Insects like dust mites, bed bugs and cockroaches just don’t enjoy munching on plastic. However, they find cardboard to be an irresistible treat! Instead of giving them a snack – as well as a place to crash on the way to your new house – stop them in their tracks by choosing plastic moving boxes.
- Blue Bins don’t require tape, staples or other fasteners. Hallelujah! Finally there are moving boxes that don’t require you to wrap them up like Christmas presents just to secure them. Blue Bins are created so they lock at the top. No duct tape is ever needed, which will save you big bucks, not to mention tons of time.
- Blue Bins are uniform. Have you ever had to stack cardboard boxes of varying shapes and sizes? What happens? Inevitably, they tip over, or you have to accept that you can only pile a few on top of each other before they topple. What a mess! Blue Bins have a uniform shape so they stack and store neatly. This also gives you more room in the moving truck, because you can maximize the space available.
The next time you find yourself relocating in Montreal, make the switch to plastic moving boxes and see why so many of your neighbors wouldn’t go back to cardboard if you paid them!
Guess what? Blue Bins are easy to reserve online or over the phone! We make the process as simple for you as we can. That way, you can spend less time moving and more time enjoying your new home!