There’s little doubt that moving can be a stressful occasion. Even if you’re thrilled to be moving to a new home, townhouse or condominium in Montreal, you may find yourself feeling anxious or overwhelmed at times. That’s why it’s so critical that you stay healthy during the moving process. Below are some tips that will help, from choosing the right moving boxes to eating a balanced diet.
Moving Hints to Stay in Tiptop Shape from Beginning to End
- Eat well on the days leading up to your move. It can be very tempting to get fast food during the days – or even weeks – before you relocate. That’s because you want to empty out your refrigerator and avoid buying too many items. However, it’s important to choose healthier options and not junk. Plus, you need to stay hydrated by drinking enough water. Remember that the more vitamins and minerals you ingest, the better able you’ll be to keep up during the final days of packing and when you need to actual move your furnishings and other belongings.
- Stop running around to get moving boxes. Have you been wasting your time trying to get moving boxes from anywhere and everywhere, including dirty garbage bins? This simply makes you more frantic, and takes up precious time. You’ll be less distracted and frenzied if you simply rent moving boxes from Blue Bins. That way, you can focus on packing and organizing your things, not on hunting for moving containers.
- Take the time to do something that doesn’t involve the move. Go out for a walk, sit and read a book for 30 minutes or just enjoy a little television. There’s nothing wrong with having downtime. Your mind needs distraction now and then, and you’ll come back to your packing and planning feeling refreshed.
- Ask for help if you need it. Why move alone when you have friends who would be willing to lend a hand? Even if they aren’t in shape to actually move boxes, they can help you arrange your items and put them away for safe storage to your new home. Besides, it’s always nice to have someone to talk to when you’re packing; it makes the time go faster!
- Lift from your knees, not from your back. How many times have you heard this recommendation? It’s absolutely true! When you lift a moving box, always squat down and make your legs do the bulk of the work. Your spine shouldn’t be forced into an uncomfortable position. Of course, if you can’t physically handle this kind of action, don’t! Hire professionals and save your health!
By being smart and making good choices, you can end up relocating and feeling much better at the end of moving day than you ever thought possible!