Holidays are exciting, but notoriously hectic, times of the year. If you’re planning to add a move to Toronto to your already-busy schedule, you might be wondering how on earth you’re going to get through the hustle and bustle without going crazy! The good news is that by making smart moving decisions, from renting moving containers to hiring professional movers, you can get through a holiday move without feeling like you’re being punished for being on the “naughty” list!
5 Great Ways to Lower Your Holiday Move Stress
To help you prepare for a holiday move that doesn’t stress you out, why not try these hints?
- Hire a moving company. Even if you loathe the idea of paying someone to move your things, it’s time to be reasonable. The holidays aren’t just busy for you; they’re busy for everyone in your life, too. If you were planning on asking buddies or family members to help you move, think again. They have commitments during the holidays, and can’t necessarily drop everything to pack and lift boxes and moving containers.
- Rent moving boxes and supplies. This isn’t a time to go foraging for free boxes. Yes, the retail stores may have some handy, but you can’t be sure what you’re getting. Plus, you don’t have a lot of time on your hands to drive around from store to store, begging for boxes. Instead, rent reusable, recyclable plastic boxes and moving containers. They’ll be uniform in shape, will stack effortless and won’t require any tape or staples to secure their lids.
- Don’t put up holiday decorations except in a minimal way. Moving in December? Ditch the holiday décor this year, unless you want to get it up in your new home before the end of the month. It’s okay to make this year’s holiday celebrations simpler for everyone’s relief!
- Keep your social calendar as limited as possible. It’s fine to tell your friends that you can’t go to their holiday parties this year. You can always go next year after all… or you can host an after-holidays soiree at your new Toronto home or apartment!
- Take a break now and then. Sometimes, you just need to relax and recharge. Don’t worry about taking a night off from packing your moving containers or trying to upload items on eBay to sell.
The upshot of a holiday move? Prices are often lower in the wintertime! So you’ll likely save, which is a great present for you and your whole family!
Holiday move to Toronto? Call Blue Bins at 888-502-2467!